POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Infinite coherent noise? : Infinite coherent noise? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 18:35:06 EDT (-0400)
  Infinite coherent noise?
From: stbenge
Date: 21 Mar 2008 17:54:19
Message: <47e43c9b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I was wondering how POV is able to render coherent noise. Is it truly
infinite, or just nearly? I've never seen a repeat, but perhaps it
occurs just past the limit of observation.

I'm coding a simple demo of randomly generated topography, with the
ability to scroll around the landscape. The only noise generators I've
found reluctantly admit that the noise is "nearly infinite". I want an
absolutely infinite landscape, but I don't know if it's even possible.
Thanks~

Sam